How to Hire a Qualified Exterior Wall Inspector (QEWI)
(FISP) Facade Inspection and Safety Program reports for Local Law 11 (LL11) must be filed by a (QEWI). NYC DOB mandates that the inspection must be supervised by a (QEWI) who is either a New York state licensed professional engineer (PE) or a New York State registered architect (RA).
• What is the firms expertise?
• Are they known as building envelope specialists?
• Have they performed this type of work before?
They must be experienced to form knowledgeable judgment about the state of items being inspected to determine their current state.
• Does the firm have experience working in NYC?
• Do they have knowledge of the law's intricate details?
• Can they provide you with clients that they have helped?
Finally, communication is key.
• Which person on the team will be your regular contact?