A Mini Retrofit for Your Home
A Deep Retrofit is an entire building analysis and construction process that aims to achieve minimal energy use after a utility bills analysis using technologies, materials and construction practices available. But what if you wanted to retrofit only parts of your home? Perhaps take the steps to update the largest energy user, or do one part at a time?
A Mini Retrofit could be a solution.
Install an Energy Recover Ventilation System
- A traditional HVAC system will bring in hot or cold air into your home leaving all of the stale air inside.
- An ERV system will in draw clean, fresh air into a home and remove stale air supplying superior indoor air quality.
- Throughout warmer months, the system works to cool and dehumidify the incoming, outside air. The system takes the rejected heat and sends it into the exhaust air-stream, while the air cools at the condenser coil at a lower temperature.
-During cooler months, the system works in reverse. Instead of discharging the heat into the exhaust air-stream, the system draws heat from the exhaust airstream in order to pre-heat the incoming air.
- The fan system will use way less power than a traditional system without compromising air quality, saving on energy cost.
Replace Your Windows with Triple Glazed Windows
- Triple glazed windows assist in maintaining superior indoor air quality, reduce exterior noise, and helps with minimal heat loss increasing energy cost savings.
- Many of our clients reside in areas of extreme weather where outstanding insulation performance is necessary.
- A better U-factor is achieved, a measure of heat transfer (the lower the U-factor, the better the window performs at stopping heat flow).
- They can help eliminate thermal bridges, which are weak spots in insulation, with triple glazed window's warm-edge spacers.
- Triple glazed windows will further reduce drought and cold spots in a room that currently has less thermally efficient while minimizing condensation.
Upgrade Your Home's Insulation
- Your home's exterior insulation can be upgraded to minimize, or eliminate, heat loss during cooler months or heat gain during warmer months
- Exterior Insulation Finishing System (EIFS), is a type of cladding system that provides exterior walls with an insulated finished surface and waterproofing in an integrated composite material system.
- EIFS is an ideal energy efficient thermal wrapping or facade insulation applied to the exterior surfaces of a building which is then finished with a long-life, decorative and protective wall coating that can be installed on any type of construction.
- Replace your real brick with NewBrick. Traditional brick consists of clay, while NewBrick consists of an insulated core reinforced with fiberglass mesh providing durability and increased insulation. The exterior layer is made of weather resistant material in colors and textures that can be customized to our client's desires.